Kinnaur – Spiti Motorbike Expedition- 8 Days
Hamta Pass lies at an altitude of 4270 m on the Pir Panjal range in the Himalayas. Trek starts from Manali through lush green forest, alpine meadows (in summer full of wild flowers) to the semi-desert regions of Lahaul over Hampta pass. On a clear day, one can have an excellent view of Indrakila, Deo Tibba and Indraasan. Entering in Chandra valley surrounded by magnificent high mountainous range, reach to the legendary lake of Chandra Tal (Moon Lake) the summerhouse of legendary Himalayan shepherds. Follow the alpine trail along with Chandra River opposite of Chandra—Bhaga, Moulkila, Tila and Karang mountain range till Baralachala.
|Season||July to October|
|Region||Manali- Banjar- Kinnaur- Spiti|
Cost Chart: (in INR)
|No of person||Minimum 10 Riders|
|Cost per Rider||INR 29,500/-|
|Cost per Pillion||INR 17,500/-|
Hotel List: (*Same/ Similar)
|Manali||Himalayan Country House|
|Sojha||Raja Guest House|
What to bring on Expedition
- Riding Gear (Jacket, trouser, gloves, shoes)
- Knee protection
- Waist belt
- Riding gloves
- A snood or (Dust Mask) for keeping dust and cold out of your nose. Sunglasses or bike glasses are essential
- Sun hat is essential
- Thick warm as well as light socks
- Travel towel
- Kidney-belt can be helpful support for the long hours of riding
- A fleece is good for under your jacket
- Day Pack to carry a water bottle, rain suit and other stuff you will use during the day
- A money belt or waist pack in which to carry your passport and other valuables
- Very strong bungee cords or cargo nets
- Basic first aid kit: a few plasters and antiseptic cream
- Any regular medication you need
- Spectacles: bring spares, or your prescription with you
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 40% of total program cost should be deposited in advance.
- Balanced payment should be made at least 7 days before.
- Cancellation charge will be 25% if it’s cancelled 7 days or before.
- The amount paid once is not-transferable to any other program/tour or to any other individual(s)/group or for any other service
- No refund will be payable if cancellation has been made by participants in less than 7 days of check in date.
- No refund shall be made if participant(s) drop/terminate from program at any point due to any reason.
- One has to take care of his/her individual luggage.
The organizer or any individual connected with the tour shall not be held responsible of any accident or any unforeseen natural calamity.
Day 01: Arrive Manali - checking and riding your bike
Arrive Manali & check in at hotel. Later, a short briefing on the Motorcycle Tour will be there. A small rundown of road safety precautions and check of personal equipment, we will start out on the narrow adjacent road of villages into the mountains. This is your chance to get acquainted with your bike and get to know the roads. In evening we get back to hotel to have dinner and rest and relax.
Day 02: Manali to Sojha
After breakfast ride to unexplored area of District Kullu i.e. Banjar Valley, a lush green valley & border area of “The Great Himalayan National Park”, a home for many birds, fish & animals. Lunch will be in a local restaurant. You can explore the valley after lunch too. Night stay will be at Sojha.
Day 03: Sojha to Kalpa
Morning after breakfast we’ll leave for Kalpa. One of the prime attractions of Kalpa is the Kinnaur Kailash Mountain also known as the Kinner Kailash Mountain in the local language. It is considered to be sacred by the locals of the region. A Shiva Lingam measuring 70 m in height sits on top of the peak which attracts a large number of devotees and tourists all year round. The city of Recongpeo offers a panoramic view of the Kinner Kailash Mountain. Overnight in Hotel/ Guest House.
Day 04:- Kalpa to Tabo (3050m) 200 kms 5 /6 hrs.
Today we’ll leave for Tabo from Kalpa. Gorgeous route leads via Khab where Sutlej River enters in India and merges in to Spiti River. Uphill and cliffy road high over Spiti River till Nako. On the way, visit Nako Lake. Overnight stay at Tabo.
Day 05:- Tabo to Kaza via Dhankar gompa, Komic, Hikkim, Langza
Dhankar the ancient capital of Spiti king is the most incredibly situated gompa, perched high on the barren rocky mountain slopes.
Kaza is sub divisional headquarter. Explore the town and its monastery, Komic, Hikkim & Langza. Overnight stay in hotel at Kaza.
Day 06: Kaza to Chandertal Lake (102 kms)
Today after breakfast, we’ll leave for Chandartal Lake.
Chandra Tal is situated at an altitude of about 4,300 metres (14,100 ft.) in the Himalayas. Drive to Lossar through the several villages of the Spiti valley, last village of the valley, a gompa and village can be visited.
Lossar is the last village of the Spiti valley, Short uphill drive to Kunzum pass (4700 m). There is a small temple dedicated to the Goddess Kunzum Devi at the top of the pass with the prayer flags fluttering high over it. Mountains of scree overlook the lake on one side, and a magnificent cirque presents a view on the other. Overnight stay at Camp.
Day 07:-Chandartal to Manali - 130 km. 8/9 hrs
After breakfast uphill ride to Manali via Rohtang pass, which offer extensive view of the C.B. Shigri range., Drive through Chandra valley over Rohtang pass (4050 m.) the gateway between Lahaul/Spiti and Kullu “valley of the God” Descending by the snake-curved road through the pasture of wild flowers and forest of silver Oak, Fir, Popular and waterfalls will accompany till Manali, overnight stay at hotel in Old Manali.
Day 08:- Manali Drop
Today after Breakfast drop at Manali bus stand.
- 07 nights/08 days Accommodation in hotel/ Guest House/ Camp.
- Accommodation in Twin sharing basis.
- Breakfast & Dinner (MAPI).
- Pick up and drop at Manali bus stand
- Guide (Rider with bike)
- Mechanic without bike
- Back up jeep for spare parts and bag
- Royal Enfield –Classic / Standard (350/500cc)
- Fuel, engine oil, spare parts
- All tax Included.
- Monument fee
- Personal expansive
- Bike Damages
- Bus / train/flight tickets