Hamta Pass lies at an altitude of 4270 m on the Pir Panjal range in the Himalayas. Trek starts from Manali through lush green forest, alpine meadows (in summer full of wild flowers) to the semi-desert regions of Lahaul over Hampta pass. On a clear day, one can have an excellent view of Indrakila, Deo Tibba and Indraasan. Entering in Chandra valley surrounded by magnificent high mountainous range, reach to the legendary lake of Chandra Tal (Moon Lake) the summerhouse of legendary Himalayan shepherds. Follow the alpine trail along with Chandra River opposite of Chandra—Bhaga, Moulkila, Tila and Karang mountain range till Baralachala.
|Season||Mid-June to October|
- Chhika: Sacred place dedicated to Takshak Naag
- Hamta: Corridor between Lahaul’s Chandra Valley and Kullu valley
- Chatru: Green Paradise in Barren Spiti
- Chandratal: Sweet Water Lake
- Day 1: Manali to Jobri Drive & Trek to Chikka
- Day 2: Chhika to Balu Gyra (3300m) 5 hrs
- Day 3: Balu Gyra to Shea Gahru (3700 mtrs) over Hamta pass (4200m) 5-6 hrs
- Day 4: Shea Gahru to Chhatru (3360m), Side trip to lake Chandratal
- Day 5: Chhatru to Manali, 76 kms (1950m)
- Pick up and drop at trekking point
- Vehicle- Tata sumo/Tempo traveller
- All meals as mentioned in program
- Trekking guide
- Accommodation in tents on 2/3 sharing
- Sleeping bag & Mattress
- Dinning tent
- Toilet tent
- Only veg meal in entire trip
- First aid box z
- Bus tickets
- Personal expenses
- Mineral water
- Medical bill (in case of any accident)
- GST 5%
Things to be carried
- Photo ID proof
- Four pair of warm and dry clothes.
- Good quality hiking Shoes
- Waterproof rucksack
- Three sets of dry clothes
- One pair of warm clothes.
- Woollen clothing: Jacket (at least 2 pair), Gloves, Raincoat, Thermals
- 2 waterproof tracksuit/Trousers
- Bath towel and napkin
- 3-4 Pair of Cotton socks
- Water bag/Water bottle (not plastic bottle)
- Torch (with extra batteries)
- Cap and Sunglasses
- Day pack
- Sanitary requisites: Bath soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo etc.
- Binoculars and camera are optional (with charger).
Above-mentioned items should preferably be packed in a rucksack that is easier to carry. Please do not bring plastic/polythene bags or any disposable items, ornaments and other valuables.
Terms & Conditions
1. Booking: All booking for the tours /treks are made with Step Up Himalaya, herein after referred to as the company and are subject to the conditions:
The person signing the booking form accepts the conditions and is hereafter referred to as the client.
2. Liability: The Company cannot be made liable for the consequences of weather condition, flight cancellations, war or threat of civil war, strikes, industrial action, political unrest or any other force majeure, unusual or unforeseen circumstance. The company reserves the right to use alternate transport, or vary the itinerary if breakdown, sickness or any other force major. Any additional that result, such as extra hotel accommodation, flight or road transport will be on your charge and must be paid directly at the spot.
Please understand, there are certain hazards involved in your adventurous and culture holidays, which you must accept at your own risk. The company will not be liable for any illness major or minor injury, death sustained during neither the trip, nor it will be liable for any uninsured losses of your property and other losses during the trip.
3. Travel insurance: This is mandatory for all clients travelling on any tour/ trek or independent itinerary arranged by us. You are responsible for obtaining adequate insurance covering expenses of unexpected as mentioned in liability paragraph. The loss of baggage, medical expenses, helicopter (air or ground) rescue, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment of the itinerary.
*It is strongly advised that clients take out insurance to cover the unexpected and cancellation charges.
4. Refund: No refund will be made for any unused services included in the tour / trek cost. No refund will be payable to any client who voluntarily or obliged to leaves a trip enroute, clients are responsible to bare their own expenses, expenses of such as escort, transport, hotels and other related services occurred due to such circumstances.
5. Decision of Tour / trek leader or Guide: Client agree to accept the authority and the decision of the tour/ trek leader or escort appointed by the company whilst on tour with the company. If in the opinion of the tour/ trek leader, any client’s behavior is detrimental to the safety, welfare or harmonious state of the group as a whole, the client may be asked to leave the tour / trek without any right of refund and all extra expenses caused will be on his/her charge.
6. The organizer or any individual connected with the camp shall not be held responsible of any accident or any unforeseen natural calamity
7. Last moment changes on program will not be acceptable. Final decision on any dispute will be taken by STEP UP HIMALAYA Pvt. Ltd. only.
8. Participants are not allowed to go out of campsite without permission of Himalayan Frontier authorities
9. Participants are expected to be in discipline. One can be dismissed from the program/camp who found to be misbehaving with any individual or staff members, without prior notice.
10. 1 teacher/supervisor will be complimentary only at strength of minimum 10 students. Teachers/supervisors are complimentary as a single person only.
11. >All sightseeing and treks are by walk.
Booking & Cancellation
- 40% of total program cost should be deposited in advance for booking.
- Balance payment should be made at least 7 days before the tour begins.
- The amount paid once is not transferable to any other program/tour or to any other individual(s)/group or for any other service.
- No refund shall be made if participant(s) drop/terminate from program at any point due to any reason.
- One has to take care of his/her individual luggage. In case of loss or damage customer himself will be responsible for the same.
- The organizers or any individual connected with the tour shall not be held responsible of any accident or any unforeseen natural calamity.
- The Client will pay Bank charges.
|Sr. No.||Cancellation Period (Before the Tour Begins)||Refund%|
|4||Less than 7 days||Nil|
Day 1: Manali to Jobri Drive & Trek to Chikka
Moring drive to Jobri Nallah (1h30mnt) Trek to Chikka. Night in Camp.
Day 2: Chhika to Balu Gyra (3300 mtrs) 5 hours
The trail begins by flat walking through the forest of Mapple, Silver Fir, Pine and Oak, paved by the grass and stone and fields of the wild flowers. We have to cross the river twice, the bank sloping down from the high cliffs all around and ideal location for the end of the day.
Day 3: Balu Gyra to Shea Gahru (3700 mtrs) over Hamta pass (4200 mtrs) 5 to 6 hours
The trail begins to ascend toward to the mighty Hamta pass and soon the distant valley of Lahoul/Spiti comes in the view. From the pass one can enjoy the view of magnificent Himalayan peaks like Deo Tibba, Indra Asan, Indra Kila. Slowly landscape starts getting rugged; after one hour’s descend to the meadow of Shea Gahru, beautiful campsite on the foot of the glacier is reached.
Day 4: Shea Gahru to Chhatru (3360m), Side trip to lake Chandratal
The trail descends toward the left bank of the, ‘nalla’. Soon the Chandra River is in view, after 3 hours of trek reach the beautiful campsite, after lunch drive to Chandra tal. One of the most beautiful drives offers you a wonderful view of the Chandra valley and the beautiful lake in its lap. The lake got its name because of crescent shape like a moon. The sweet water lake is around 2.5 km wide. Evening back to Chhatru.
Day 5: Chhatru to Manali, 76 kms (1950m)
Scenic drive by Snake curved road to Rohtang pass (3950m) providing a magnificent view of the surrounding Himalayas. Long descend of 51 kms, through fields of wild flowers and cascading waterfall accompany you till Manali. Overnight in a hotel with breakfast only.