Beas Kund, the name itself describes a link of Sage Beas. The legend is at Beas Kund Sage Beas used to do meditation and used the water from the Kund (Pond) for his use.
Beas Kund is situated in the lap of Dhauladhar Range and this trek is one of the most fascinating and scenic in the valley. You get a closer view to some of the 6000 plus meters peaks like: Sheti Dhar, Ladakhi Peak, and Hanuman Tibba. And you can also have a good view of the Pir-Panjal Peaks.
|Season||April to October|
- Manali: Manu Temple, Hadimba Temple
- Dhundi: Lush green meadows, Snow clad peaks
- Bakarthach: A high-altitude shepherd field
- Beas Kund: Source of Beas River
- Day 01: Manali- Solang(2480m) (10km) & Trek to Dhundhi (2800m) 3hrs
- Day 02: Dhundi- Beas Kund (3950m)- Dhundi
- Day 03: Dhundhi-Solang and drive to Manali.
- Pick up and drop from trekking point
- Vehicle use –Tata sumo/Tempo traveller
- All meals except breakfast in Manali
- Trekking guide.
- Accommodation in tents on 3/4 sharing.
- Sleeping bag & Mattress.
- Dinning tent.
- Toilet tent.
- Only veg meal in entire trip.
- First aid box.
- Breakfast in Manali
- Bus tickets
- Personal expenses
- Mineral water
- Medical bill (in case of any accident)
- GST 5%
Things to be carried
- Photo ID proof
- Four pair of warm and dry clothes.
- Good quality hiking Shoes
- Waterproof rucksack
- Three sets of dry clothes
- One pair of warm clothes.
- Woolen clothing: Jacket (at least 2 pair), Gloves, Raincoat, Thermals
- 2 waterproof tracksuit/Trousers
- Bath towel and napkin
- 3-4 Pair of Cotton socks
- Water bag/Water bottle (not plastic bottle)
- Torch (with extra batteries)
- Cap and Sunglasses
- Day pack
- Sanitary requisites: Bath soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo etc.
- Binoculars and camera are optional (with charger).
Above-mentioned items should preferably be packed in a rucksack that is easier to carry. Please do not bring plastic/polythene bags or any disposable items, ornaments and other valuables.
Terms & Conditions
1. Booking: All booking for the tours /treks are made with Step Up Himalaya, herein after referred to as the company and are subject to the conditions:
The person signing the booking form accepts the conditions and is hereafter referred to as the client.
2. Liability: The Company cannot be made liable for the consequences of weather condition, flight cancellations, war or threat of civil war, strikes, industrial action, political unrest or any other force majeure, unusual or unforeseen circumstance. The company reserves the right to use alternate transport, or vary the itinerary if breakdown, sickness or any other force major. Any additional that result, such as extra hotel accommodation, flight or road transport will be on your charge and must be paid directly at the spot.
Please understand, there are certain hazards involved in your adventurous and culture holidays, which you must accept at your own risk. The company will not be liable for any illness major or minor
Injury, death sustained during neither the trip, nor it will be liable for any uninsured losses of your property and other losses during the trip.
3. Travel insurance: This is mandatory for all clients travelling on any tour/ trek or independent itinerary arranged by us. You are responsible for obtaining adequate insurance covering expenses of unexpected as mentioned in liability paragraph. The loss of baggage, medical expenses, helicopter (air or ground) rescue, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment of the itinerary.
*It is strongly advised that clients take out insurance to cover the unexpected and cancellation charges.
4. Refund: No refund will be made for any unused services included in the tour / trek cost. No refund will be payable to any client who voluntarily or obliged to leaves a trip enroute, clients are responsible to bare their own expenses, expenses of such as escort, transport, hotels and other related services occurred due to such circumstances.
5. Decision of Tour / trek leader or Guide: Client agree to accept the authority and the decision of the tour/ trek leader or escort appointed by the company whilst on tour with the company. If in the opinion of the tour/ trek leader, any client’s behavior is detrimental to the safety, welfare or harmonious state of the group as a whole, the client may be asked to leave the tour / trek without any right of refund and all extra expenses caused will be on his/her charge.
6. The organizer or any individual connected with the camp shall not be held responsible of any accident or any unforeseen natural calamity
7. Last moment changes on program will not be acceptable. Final decision on any dispute will be taken by STEP UP HIMALAYA only.
8. Participants are not allowed to go out of campsite without permission of Himalayan Frontier authorities
9. Participants are expected to be in discipline. One can be dismissed from the program/camp who found to be misbehaving with any individual or staff members, without prior notice.
10. 1 teacher/supervisor will be complimentary only at strength of minimum 10 students. Teachers/supervisors are complimentary as a single person only.
11. All sightseeing and treks are by walk.
Booking & Cancellation
40% of total program cost should be deposited in advance for booking.
Balance payment should be made at least 7 days before the tour begins.
The amount paid once is not transferable to any other program/tour or to any other individual(s)/group or for any other service.
No refund shall be made if participant(s) drop/terminate from program at any point due to any reason.
One has to take care of his/her individual luggage. In case of loss or damage customer himself will be responsible for the same.
Tel: +91 94599-10899 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org WEB: www.stepuphimalaya.com
The organizers or any individual connected with the tour shall not be held responsible of any accident or any unforeseen natural calamity.
The Client will pay bank charges.
|Sr. No.||Cancellation Period (Before the Tour Begins)||Refund%|
|4||Less than 7 days||Nil|
Day 01: Manali- Solang(2480m) (10km) & Trek to Dhundhi (2800m) 3hrs
Morning Pick up from campsite and drive to Solang Nallha (10km) Solang Valley- winter skis resort as well as summer paradise, Trek from Solang Nallah to Dhundhi which takes 3-4hrs. The route is through forest of oak, pine & walnuts trees. At Dhundhi, you will see the highest mountain peak in the Dhauladhar Range, the Hanuman Tibba (5950m). To the east are the peaks of Deo Tibba (6001m) and Indraasan (6100m). These peaks are visible in clear weather, overnight at camp.
Day 02: Dhundi- Beas Kund (3950m)- Dhundi
After breakfast trek to Beas Kund via Bakarthach (means-Shepard’s field), surrounded mountain peaks like, Hanuman Tibba, Friendship, Ladakhi and many more peaks of Himalaya, and breathtaking view of mountains. This trek will take us through snow fields (in early season), meadows, over boulders and glaciers. The trail goes uphill for a short distance, and then traverses over a glacier field to the Beas Kund. Mythology says that Beas Rishi meditated here and wrote the epic Mahabharata, A magical place, surrounded by the peaks of Hanuman Tibba, Ladakhi, Manali, Mukerbhe, Sheti Dhar and the well-known Friendship Peak. There are cascading waterfalls and crystal-clear lake. We return to camp the same way.
Day 03: Dhundhi-Solang and drive to Manali
After breakfast we will head back to Solang Nallah. Drive from Solang and drop at Manali.